Undeclared freshmen are encouraged to participate in the "Undeclared Session" during freshmen orientation. In addition to assisting students in developing their education plan, the DUS is working closely with Career Services to further assist students through the process of choosing a major that is right for them.
Division of Undergraduate Studies will host academic advising sessions throughout the spring semester 2014 semester to support incoming freshman students who are undecided on a major.
Upon entering SDSU, effective fall 2013, all undeclared majors are required to attend:
- at least one student success workshop/mentoring session during the fall 14 or spring 15 semester AND
- a minimum of two events sponsored by Career Services OR the Undeclared College Council, until a major is declared. To maximize student success, we encourage all incoming undeclared freshmen to attend all sessions provided to maximize opportunities and facilitate their success at SDSU.
- create a personal Aztec Connection profile on the Career Services home page
Important reminder: Students who have earned 70 units must declare a major before they are allowed to register for any SDSU courses.
Undeclared students will increase their likelihood of graduating within four years, if they develop a thoughtful plan in choosing a major and gain mentoring and advice from a variety of campus resources:
- main campus advising,
- major advisers - visit the Major Adviser Directory
- career services counselors. For Career Services counseling hours
- Division of Undergraduate Studies. To schedule an appointment email: firstname.lastname@example.org